View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 04:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are finishing up week 1 of virtual learning...We are 100% virtual here for first 2 weeks then we have the option to go in person but I have a feeling that won't happen. The cases have been too high so I think it will be the lower income kids, special needs, kids that have lower grades that will go back first then our kids. My 5th grader will hopefully go back in person soon, maybe October hopefully sooner or I may loose my mind. We have the option to bring him home if we want and he can go virtual. They are online with the teacher for about 30 mins or so for 4 or 5 times during the day then they have assignments. We are using an app called Schoology and then Zoom. It SUCKS to be 100% honest. I am constantly having to make sure he is logged on to his class, make sure he focusing. Thankfully they aren't piling homework on top of this.
My 11th grader is live the first 20mins of each class but he is almost 16 and he is major OCD so he is doing fine. IF we go back to in person the high school will do a hybrid schedule, alternating days home vs days in person to cut down on the number of kids on campus since the schools are so large here.
My 5th grader needs to be in person...he doesn't focus well or learn well on his own. I have also noticed that since we have been stuck in the house since MARCH he has developed some serious attachment to me. We left him in Virginia with his grandparents for about 2 weeks and he was calling me every day for no reason. They go every year and have since he was about 3 so this was crazy that he was wanting me. I am not a helicopter type parent so this clingy kid thing is driving me bonkers LOL We never go anywhere since everything closed down in March...A lot of restaurants are still closed or just barely opened...we have gotten in habit of not eating out or just doing take out. I order groceries now and have them delivered. The only time we have to leave is his gymnastics class or if we have to go to a doc appointment....We are becoming hermits! LOL COVID needs to go away!