View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 08:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh! I went to the football game last night to see my daughter and the rest of the (only) senior band members perform in a monsoon after an hour rain delay because of lightening. They only did pregame because it was raining so hard. We get a bunch of emails today from the school and band director that some girl has a fever and is getting tested Thursday. They said all senior band member should quarantine for 14 days. Grrrrr!!! Really? So my kid who was no where near this girl at all ever has to miss her sport and what little was left of her final year of band? The band directors should also quarantine, and all the football players who ran on the field while she was out there, and every sport than any senior band member plays. Where does it end? I'm fine with all or nothing, but this dangling bits of a life in front of kids just to have it ripped away when someone has a fever is BS! They don't say that she was exposed--only that she has a high fever. They also say their decision to have them quarantine is based on the county board of health's guidelines, but they aren't following their guidelines anyway by having band and sports in the first place. The county recommended to not have any of it. Again, it's not safe to go to school wearing masks and socially distancing, but it's okay to do sports!?!

Okay, sorry, rant over.