View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 01:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this and wish I could give you a hug!

As far as scrapping, when we took our first family trip to Disney, I was on some heavy pain medicine and hardly had any recollection of what happened during our week there. We got home and I looked at the photos wanting to remember what happened, but it was all foggy due to the medicine that I was on. When I scrapped the photos, I'd ask the family "what happened here". It was actually a great time reminiscing about the vacation, almost reliving it at home. I've since printed the album and while there are 100 pages in that album, I probably only truly remember maybe 10-15 of those pages. But the kids, they remember every single detail and probably moreso because I made them tell me it all over again, once we got home!

As far as memory coming back, I think that would be something for you and your doctor to discuss. Every situation is different. Obviously mine got better because I got off the pain medicine.

How do you move forward? Maybe scrapping in the moment. Once you take the photos, take them off your camera/phone and scrapbook them then and there so you can write the journaling of the who's, what's, when's, etc? Or my friend Dawn, journals everything about her photos so when she does get to scrapping them, she has the journaling of the reason behind the photos.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but I'll be praying you find the answers that you are seeking and with the help of your family are able to move forward with this hobby, documenting you and your children's life for future generations to come!