Thread: PL 2019
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 11:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by abm234 View Post
I hate to give up now. It's hard to keep it fresh and interesting after 6 years though!
That's where I am right now, too. I've got 5 years completed (2013-17). I love this project and don't want to give up. Early on it took me so long to finish a year that I I started running behind. I'm faster now and can finish a year in a year, maybe less. I should have finished 2017 over the summer and started on 2018. But I haven't had the motivation to work on PL much for the last 6 months or so; it took me until December to get the last few 2017 pages done. I spent some time last week organizing all of my 2018 photos by week, so I'm ready to go now. I wish I could have a week with no family/work/house responsibilities so I could get a bunch done quickly and not feel so overwhelmed!

As for an actual plan, I'm still working on it. Here's what I'm thinking so far. To make PL fast, I tend to do it on the PL App (often with SSD cards) and then pull the pages into PS to add a few embellishments. For 2018 I may try to use more decorative/filler cards and fewer photos so that I can skip adding elements. I'll go back to using them for 2019, once I'm not so far behind. I've been doing square corners for a while, so I'm going to go back to rounded for 2018 to change things up a bit. Not sure which I'll use for 2019, but probably square again. (I like the idea of rounded, but inevitably I get frustrated when I lose some of the cards' design/photo details/journaling room.) I'm going to keep using my own black and white weekly cards and all white backgrounds for both years. Good luck with your project, everyone!