View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to throw it out there: I generally LOVE the new challenge system.

There is only one thing I would change if I had the choice-- while I really like this week's prompt, I know that there will likely be some that I don't like. I'm not sure I like that if I do decide to not do one challenge because it doesn't resonate with me, that I'll be missing out on that month's SR point. One way I could see SSD being able to provide a workaround would be to give a choice of 2 or 3 challenges each week, but making it so only one per week needs to be done for SRs. Basically, you'd have 3 challenges (maybe one be a photo challenge, one a journaling challenge, one a layout inspiration or color inspiration, or whatever... or maybe just 3 whatever random challenges). You'd get to pick ONE to do for the SR point that week, and then (depending on what the team prefers), 1-3 of the layouts could be entered for the random draw. Even if only 1 layout can be used for the random draw and the SR, you'd still be getting 3 times the inspiration-- and hopefully, in a variety of areas (some of us are more photo-centric, some more journaling-centric, some like a challenge that stretches their limits and some like one that they can fit into their own style).

I really do love the challenge system. I'd just also love to see a couple more options per week. It doesn't have to be like the portfolio system where there were an abundance of challenges, but having 2 or 3 to pick from (and using the additional ones just as fun inspiration!) would help us all feel less like we have to do a challenge that doesn't resonate with us in order to get a prize, but at the same time, stick to not a ton of pressure on the SSD team to do an abundance of challenge ideas. Happy medium.

New Siggy Coming Soon