View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 05:16 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Even though my page's subject may be my kids, my audience isn't always my kids. I make my pages for me, but I assume that anyone (family, friends, whomever) could end up looking at my albums because I leave them on our coffee table. My WA tends to be based on the activity and not my love for my kid(s). Because my books have a more broad audience, I don't get too sappy so I steer clear of "you are my favorite"-type WA. (Perhaps I'm just not a sappy person? lol) Maybe I'd use a "you are my favorite" WA about my favorite chocolate chip cookie or my favorite Mexican restaurant, though.

I have one son and one daughter. "You are my sunshine" doesn't seem bad to say about one of my kids. The WA doesn't say--which means I'm not saying--"you are my sunshine but your brother is the BLACK CLOUD THAT POURS RAIN ON MY HEART." "Sunshine" is a song quote, and it seems to have become an idiom that means "I love you" but not "I love you more than anything, including your sibling(s)." But if you use a "you are my favorite" WA on your page, then perhaps you could add a line in your journaling that also expresses that thought, but in a way that better suits your specific family situation, i.e. "you are both my favorite people" or "you are all my favorite people," in order to make the WA less specific (and less sibling-rivalry-inducing lol).

Oh, another thought: do you tell them "you are my favorite"? Like, is that something you normally say in your daily life? If not, then maybe that's why you're questioning this. If it's something you naturally say, then I don't think you'd worry about using that WA.

Last edited by Tree City; 05-07-2019 at 06:55 PM.