Thread: Summer plans?
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 06:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My oldest son is home for the month - and he hasn't been here much at all the last 3 years because he went to school in GA (we live in OH) and worked in GA or WA summers. So we're excited just to have him around some.

I am the chaperone for my youngest son's senior trip to Ocean City, NJ next week. I hope to have fun despite 7 teens in the house all week, LOL

Then my husband and I will go to Vermont for a few days in early July. His family has a cottage on a lake there and has been going there for 70 years. We are going more to see some relatives than to visit the lake. My husband and I actually won't overlap much because he needs to save his vacation days and I am going earlier to help my MIL - we are concerned about her traveling alone. I also really want to be home for the 4th of July since our kids are not going with us and we have fireworks that we watch from our boat on the lake. Very fun!

We have a couple of short trips planned for July when we have our French exchange student here - New York City and Chicago are definitely on the list. I'm not sure if I'll join them - I'm not a fan of big cities. Maybe I'll go to Chicago since my son's fiancee has an internship there this summer.

Otherwise, my plan is to take it easy and enjoy the weather this summer. We had our first Friday Float last week - the ladies float in lounge chair type floats on the lake on Friday afternoons - very fun!