View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 07:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. I will be paying for repairs and updates on my computer when I get it back next wk. The nice thing is I get a bit of a deal b/c my daughter works there, which is a nice perk. Plus we get the benefit of free advice from the staff about anything we have questions about.

2. Right now, b/c of a virus/crash which turns out to be kind of a good thing b/c they discovered that the cat5 connector really needed to be cleaned out (who knew??? LOL) and they said it could have caused damage if left unattended.

3. We are an electronic family for sure. We have 4 tvs plus 1 at our trailer. I have 2 computers and 2 laptops, all but 1 is fairly old but working for various functions....one I use in my office for streaming shows but the keyboard is messed up and the hard drive is very small with very few gigs but it's enough to run for streaming, that's all I use it for. The other laptop is really old and has a cracked screen but it works out at our trailer for scrapping (slowly) on. My main computer is downstairs in my office and that is the one getting repairs, that I scrap on. But now I'll be able to scrap on my other computer that we finally got working last night and today we'll pick up a cat5 switch box to hook directly into modem which will help speed it up. I'm sure it won't be as fast as my main PC but as long as its decent I will enjoy sitting upstairs and watching tv with hubs while I scrap at night.

4. I scrap less in the summer months as I'm outside more and off doing other activities and photo walks. But....I can't go without scrapping altogether, I just slow down a bit.

5. Clean the inside of your computer, not just the outside. I am going to check with the computer techs tonight when we go to pick up the cat5 switch box as to whether the spray air is recommended or not. Not really a tip I guess, but if you get a new tablet/phone, watch youtube for tips b/c I recently got a new phone (switched from iPhone to Samsung) and after watching a few videos I sure learned a lot about customizing the phone.