View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
She and my bil are still sitting in the bed holding her. It's been about 6 hours and I wonder if the staff is going to go in at some point and encourage them to hand her over.
I'm so sorry for your sister, you and your family's loss. That happens to my sister when she lost her DD, my niece, at about 5 months along. The baby died and then she had to give birth to her. It was devastating for us. Just kinda numbing. The hospital staff let her and her husband have the baby for as long as they needed. They didn't rush to take her away. We saw her and my sister got to touch her. She was too delicate to carry. She had a chromosome defect so the chances of her surviving were not good. My sister took it hard and had a difficult year. She went through some bad times just to cope. Grief is hard. Just be there for your sister. Support her. Both of you will need that. Encourage her to connect with parents' grief group - it will help her tremendously. I think it would've helped my sister if she did that. She is alot better now (after getting through that dark year) and eventually had two beautiful girls. Much hugs to you!