View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh Val- I am so sorry to hear this. There is absolutely nothing more devastating than the loss of a child. When my twins were born at 26 weeks and then my oldest, Colin, passed away 3 days later it was just devastating.

The hospital staff were so wonderful to us. Colin passed away in my arms but we had about an hour with him before he passed. My family got to come in and hold him and say their goodbyes. My husband and I were the only people in the room when he did pass though. I was able to hold him for several hours after he passed but then the staff came and got him from me to do whatever they needed to do with him on their end. After that I asked to have him back in the room and my mom held him and rocked him for about 3 hours after I had taken a Valium and was knocked out. The next day they brought him to me when I asked, did footprints, handprints, got a lock of hair from him, and we wrapped him up in a special blanket we got from him. He was there with us for several hours until the funeral home came for him. But the man with the funeral home was so respectful of us and didn't rush us saying our final goodbyes.

The one thing that I am so glad I did was get LOTS of pictures of him. We have pictures of everybody holding him and pics with me and my DH with him as well. They may not want to look at them right now but in a few days, months, or even years they will absolutely treasure them. On Colin's angel day I pull out his scrapbook that I did and have a good cry.

Talking about this brings back so many memories and I understand the pain your SIL and BIL are going through. I will keep them, you, and the rest of your family in my prayers.