View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 04:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh, Lori... I just want to give you a big hug... I really don't have any advice - my parents divorced after I graduated college. The only think I can really relate to is the relationship between father and children... my father was never one of those that said I love you or one to really spend time with me - mostly because he was always working... so when he did want to spend more time with me - even though I was an adult - I struggled with my emotions... I always wanted to be daddy's little girl and here I kept thinking that he didn't want to spend time me then and now he does? Also, my father got really nasty during the divorce and really talked bad about my mom because he was loosing control of the situation... he had his family (my grandparents) telling him to fix the marriage - even though that wasn't an option... and he has co-workers who went through divorce and were giving him "advice"... it was horrible - I just wanted nothing of that, I was sick of all the name calling and that he was talking down about my mom, etc - in fact, I finally I dropped all communication with him for 5 years.

I hope he realizes that the kids are going to need time to adjust... it's hard to see a person security just disappear... and if he is going to want to spend time with them, that is positive, he is going to have to think of them and not himself.