View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 05:17 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
I hear ya Kellie. When I joined the Army, I lost contact with all of my school friends. Then when I left the Army, I lost contact with all of those friends too. I know some of the mums at school, and we chat quite happily while watching the kids play sport, but there's no-one I'd go out for coffee with or invite home or anything. I'm good friends with my neighbour, and we support each other with babysitting and picking the kids up from school etc, but we don't get together for a girls night or go shopping or anything.

Gotta say that it doesn't overly worry me though. I'm happy with my family relationships, knowing the women at church, talking with my mum and sisters on skype, and having online friends through scrapbooking. I do miss having a close 'best friend' kind of thing sometimes though.
This sounds sooo much like me!

For me, I know part of it is that no one will truly understand why I am the way I am unless they know my decades long backstory. We ALL have a backstory, right!? And, that's personal. It's not something I'm going to share with every friendly acquaintance. But, that leaves me with people with whom I can be friendly but not have a true, intimate friendship. And, I miss it a lot.

I'm still I'm touch with a bunch of my "old" friends, and I love hanging out with them cause they all "get" me. We just don't get together often enough. I wish I had a close friend who knew my backstory and was around to listen to the day-to-day stuff too.

Last edited by Lyd; 08-10-2013 at 05:24 PM.