View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 05:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am back and forth. When I'm at home (which is a LOT) I admit that it is easy to get into that downward spiral and start worrying. When I'm out, it is like "Oh, there is still a world out here!" and I feel better.

Today I went to work. Parents were picking up packets for the kids as well as the last of their belongings from school. We were all decked out in gloves and masks and could only wave to the kids from their cars. Aside from that, it was easy to forget about all of it. It felt like we were playing some sort of silly relay game with gloves and masks. A parent would pull up at one end of the school. A teacher got their last name and teacher's name. They radio'd it in using a walkie talkie. Someone grabbed the package from the gym and carried it out the front door while the parent pulled forward and grabbed it. It was kind of fun really. Anyway, I am mostly working from home. I am going in tomorrow to take care of a couple of things. It should take me 3 minutes max. Our high school is making face shields with a 3D printer and they need rubber bands. I found several bags of the size they need that had been donated to my STEM lab so I am going to retrieve those and send them to the HS.