View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 05:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What a great idea, Wendy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I guess the first thing I'll chat about is my sadness over not being able to shop much at all during this time. My bank is charging almost 50% exchange with US right now so digi shopping will be little or nothing for probably quite awhile. It was sucky but doable at around 20-30% which is where its been for the last few yrs but almost 50% is just too much. I might buy the occasional kit if I really can't resist but for the most part, no shopping for me. The Canadian dollar has never been this bad before in my lifetime.
That's awful, Rae!! I hope it levels out soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
We live at the end of a cul-de-sac that has our house, a neighbors' house behind us and 2 gated communities. There are a lot of walkers passing by admiring our chalk drawings. lol But anyway, when I see people wearing face masks it makes me so sad all of a sudden and I just want to cry. It is a very scary world right now and I'm only holding strong for my girls. But when there is a minute of silence like now (everybody miraculously is taking a nap) then I'm stuck with my thoughts and go spiraling down.
It is a crazy world right now, Lea. Try to keep yourself busy when the house is quiet. It's hard not to spiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetChar View Post
My husband is working from home now. He needed some printouts from work (large engineering diagrams or what-have-you) so I drove there this morning and picked them up for him. Felt so strange being "out and about." I even took some pictures of some fields, cows, old downtown, etc from my car. I've always enjoyed seeing those things but I appreciate the scenery even more right now. At one point when I was getting closer to home, it dawned on me that I had gone a few minutes without thinking at all about the Coronavirus, or the world, or if there will be (larger than current) food shortages, or if the chest freezer I ordered will really show up on Friday, or anything stressful. What a pleasant couple of minutes! lol
Isn't it weird being out right now? I had to go out today, too, and it felt so odd. I'm glad you had a moment of peace, Charlene!!