View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 05:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
I had a fever and sore throat for 10 days and this is my third day fever free. I get out of quarantine tomorrow. Yay! Thankful no one else in my house got sick, especially my mother in law, who is 76. Also thankful that if I had COVID 19, as I suspect, that it was milder and I am on the other side of it. Now to clean my house after not leaving my room for 10+ days! I did get outside for a short walk today with my dog today, which was glorious. I feel like I lost all muscle mass in the last 2 weeks with not moving from bed for 10 days! Thankful for sunshine today and 62 degrees!
I'm SO glad you're starting to feel better, Cindi! I'm sure it will be nice being out of quarantine! Yay for nice weather!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
I am back and forth. When I'm at home (which is a LOT) I admit that it is easy to get into that downward spiral and start worrying. When I'm out, it is like "Oh, there is still a world out here!" and I feel better.

Today I went to work. Parents were picking up packets for the kids as well as the last of their belongings from school. We were all decked out in gloves and masks and could only wave to the kids from their cars. Aside from that, it was easy to forget about all of it. It felt like we were playing some sort of silly relay game with gloves and masks. A parent would pull up at one end of the school. A teacher got their last name and teacher's name. They radio'd it in using a walkie talkie. Someone grabbed the package from the gym and carried it out the front door while the parent pulled forward and grabbed it. It was kind of fun really. Anyway, I am mostly working from home. I am going in tomorrow to take care of a couple of things. It should take me 3 minutes max. Our high school is making face shields with a 3D printer and they need rubber bands. I found several bags of the size they need that had been donated to my STEM lab so I am going to retrieve those and send them to the HS.
That sounds like fun, Sherri... probably good exercise! How awesome of the HS to use their 3D printer to help people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
Today I had to grocery shop.... with 6 of us here we were going thru lots of food....those teens and young adults have endless appetites especially the boy....hehehehe

And he is so difficult to shop for.... usually grocery shopping for me is one store one day then a few days later another then a few days later yet another... not one store can have all the gluten free items he eats.

So today I spent 4.5 hours shopping, going from Bj's, ShopRite, Aldi, Target and Redner's to get what I hope will last us two weeks.... All wiped down and put away by my kids. I did wear a mask to shop and when I was done, I stripped in the laundry room, toss every thing into the washer, and then showered so if any germs were on me, hopefully they are all gone now. ( I make my husband do that as soon as he comes home from work he is currently working in North Jersey.)

and after all that the kids want frozen pizza and fries for dinner..... go figure......
It's amazing how much food & TP we can go through when everyone is home all day, huh, Stacy?! Sounds like marathon shopping! I'm glad you found what you needed. LOL! Pizza and fries... sounds like a teenage dinner!