View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 11:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I guess the first thing I'll chat about is my sadness over not being able to shop much at all during this time. My bank is charging almost 50% exchange with US right now so digi shopping will be little or nothing for probably quite awhile. It was sucky but doable at around 20-30% which is where its been for the last few yrs but almost 50% is just too much. I might buy the occasional kit if I really can't resist but for the most part, no shopping for me. The Canadian dollar has never been this bad before in my lifetime.
Do I understand this right?
If something is $1.00 you are paying $1.50
I guess I never think about the exchange on the dollar. I'm so sorry that is messing with your ability to shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
We live at the end of a cul-de-sac that has our house, a neighbors' house behind us and 2 gated communities. There are a lot of walkers passing by admiring our chalk drawings. lol But anyway, when I see people wearing face masks it makes me so sad all of a sudden and I just want to cry. It is a very scary world right now and I'm only holding strong for my girls. But when there is a minute of silence like now (everybody miraculously is taking a nap) then I'm stuck with my thoughts and go spiraling down.
I'm really sorry the scariness of the world is getting to you. I wish I could give you a hug and tell you it will be okay. I actually read your post and was happy to see people wearing face masks. I have every intention of having my youngest wear a vogmask (when they reopen for everyday customers) during flu season because his asthma can get really scary. He's actually really excited about getting mask! The girls have since requested one and said "we needed it once in our life, we might need it again" China wears masks, maybe this will become our norm and it might cut down on germs spread from one to another??? (that's me trying to think positively)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetChar View Post
Wendy, the apocalypse chart made me chuckle.
Right?! I was expecting the apocalypse to be more like Walking Dead. Once again TV set us up for a false reality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetChar View Post
My husband is working from home now. He needed some printouts from work (large engineering diagrams or what-have-you) so I drove there this morning and picked them up for him. Felt so strange being "out and about." I even took some pictures of some fields, cows, old downtown, etc from my car. I've always enjoyed seeing those things but I appreciate the scenery even more right now. At one point when I was getting closer to home, it dawned on me that I had gone a few minutes without thinking at all about the Coronavirus, or the world, or if there will be (larger than current) food shortages, or if the chest freezer I ordered will really show up on Friday, or anything stressful. What a pleasant couple of minutes! lol
I love this!!