View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 10:07 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
You guys, I got snippy with my son's teacher and I kind of feel really badly about it. But on a positive, the school emailed us and said that parents were complaining about how long the kids were online doing schoolwork. So they cut my son's 7+ hour day down to 2.5 hours and my daughter's day down to 4.5 hours a day. They also are giving them Thursday and Friday off to allow teachers to redo their lesson plans. I'm so happy and hope with the scaled back version schooling will become not so much a headache and actually something more accommodating for everyone!

On a plus, my son's homeschool curriculum came over the weekend. He sat and worked through 20 pages of reading, writing and language with me. He also told me that he doesn't want to stop learning this material until he's able to read and write! He said when he goes in to second grade his teachers will be shocked that he isn't struggling any more. Now fingers crossed we can get there these next few months as we work through his books, on top of finishing up the digital learning through the school.
That's an INSANE amount of time to be spending doing schoolwork! I've been really lucky I think. The teacher I really grated against, has had little to no communication with parents, just putting the work up daily in Google Classroom. We moved my daughter's desk back into her room, and she's been happily getting her work done in about 2.5 to 3 hours per day. My 1st grader has about 2 hours per day, if he doesn't flop all over the floor and tell me that his hand is "too weak to color" or that "he has no bones left."

It's the dogs that are going to be the death of me. They're going nuts without playgroup, and my younger one (1 year old pit mix) has gotten into all sorts of mischief out of boredom. He's currently leading the family for Most Expensive Baby, after eating one of my daughter's ADHD pills, and my pincushion (apparently if you give them a loaf of bread, the pins have less likelihood of puncturing his stomach. We avoided surgery, but still needed 3 x-rays.)