View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 05:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
You guys, I got snippy with my son's teacher and I kind of feel really badly about it. But on a positive, the school emailed us and said that parents were complaining about how long the kids were online doing schoolwork. So they cut my son's 7+ hour day down to 2.5 hours and my daughter's day down to 4.5 hours a day. They also are giving them Thursday and Friday off to allow teachers to redo their lesson plans. I'm so happy and hope with the scaled back version schooling will become not so much a headache and actually something more accommodating for everyone!

On a plus, my son's homeschool curriculum came over the weekend. He sat and worked through 20 pages of reading, writing and language with me. He also told me that he doesn't want to stop learning this material until he's able to read and write! He said when he goes in to second grade his teachers will be shocked that he isn't struggling any more. Now fingers crossed we can get there these next few months as we work through his books, on top of finishing up the digital learning through the school.
That's such great news, Wendy!! I hope once they redo the lesson plans, it's not the extreme that you were having to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekiwi View Post
Rae - totally get the exchange rate, ours here in NZ is awful too, think $1NZ is only stretching to between $0.50-0.60USD for probably a month or so now.

We are about 2 weeks into a 4(maybe longer) national lockdown and I’ve been sick for 10 days of that - about a week with a cold then the last few days it’s been an asthma flare up so there hasn’t been too much action here
Oh, Jennifer! I hope you start feeling much better soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
I'm still working on location and everyday I wish I didn't have to. I work in a small office area, but have to be around the workers on the distribution floor several times a day. We have masks and gloves to wear. My hands are a hot mess from washing them so often! Morale is pretty low right now, our sister distribution center, in New Jersey has all but shut down, so their orders are filtering through our center. Tons of overtime. (Thankfully, not for me!). Late last week we were told that the company will no longer match 4% of our 401K contributions and there will be no merit increases this year. Talk about taking the wind of our everyone's sails! Work is just not a great place to be for me!

I haven't felt 100% for a week or so - no fever, no sore throat, just feeling 'blah'. I contribute it to stress. And honestly, once I'm home I feel so much better! I'm missing seeing our little family (son, DIL and 3 grandkiddos). We have facetimed a few times, but it's not the same as loving on them!

Thanks again for starting this Wendy - I think it's wonderful to stay connected and realize we aren't in this alone!!!
That doesn't sound good, Jill I'm sorry it's been so rough. Did I read somewhere that you're close to retirement?

I totally understand missing the grandkiddos! That's really rough. Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
Just got out of a meeting and starting tomorrow I'll be working from home - every other week. Currently there are 6 of us in a small office - when we are working on location there will only be 2 of us. I feel relieved!
That's great news, Jill!!! Yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
I would call and ask your pediatrician ahead of time.
I called today to ask if we should cancel my almost one-year old appointment but they said we shouldn't and they do wear a mask and ask that we wear one too. How in the world will Leonie abide by that? She will take it right off. Maybe she only meants me... I'm so scared, I don't want to take her to the pediatrician.
Oh my goodness! Lea, I can't believe Leonie is a year old! My daughter has been doing their well-baby checkups virtually.