View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 02:42 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
I have had failures of both Seagate and Western Digital so in my mind, there is really no difference between them.

Right now I have 4 different external hard drives. 2 are always connected.
Twinsies! (Except I do still have BB, which is why I deleted your last paragraph lol.) My one difference is that everything is backed up--no mirroring. Problem is, I need to be better about manually backing them up. Once I realized how reliable BB is (for me--I know you had issues), I became lazy about backing up the EHDs lol. In fact, I'm going to post my LOs here and then turn on a podcast and back up stuff.

As to the OP: it's so frustrating when EHDs fail! (Hard drives/SSDs fail, too.) The pros recommend the 3-2-1 rule to help mitigate the frustration. I have Toshiba, WD, and Seagate EHDs. They've all been great. My two newest are an 8TB Seagate and 6TB WD. They're both great and speedy but need to be plugged in, but I have a desktop: portability isn't an issue. I plug them into my Plugable and call it good. The fastest portable EHD I've ever had is my Toshiba, but it's only 4TB and will soon be set aside to move to my parents' home (once we're traveling again and can drive there).

Good luck finding what works for you!