View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default A Sweet Mail Exchange

// sources //

There's something so wonderful about the experience of sending and receiving handmade letters in the post. With all the different ways we can communicate, snail mail is a rarity. And, like photographic film, it'd likely be rendered obsolete, were it not for the sheer joy one gets from the experience.

I, myself, am so inspired by the beautiful examples of handcrafted letters and packages shared by people who have started mail exchanges. In fact, a few of us here at SSD will be exchanging our own letters at the end of the month and you're welcome to join us!

To participate in the Sweet Mail Exchange, just fill out your information in my contact book here and I'll match you up with another fellow paper lover. If you miss the July Sweet Mail Exchange, don't worry, August is just around the corner. Each month, is a whole new exchange with new snail mail buddies.

I hope you're as excited about this project as I am! Already my head is filling with ways I can translate my digi-stash into cute snail mail! I'll be sure to post some of these ideas in our gallery and here in the forum to help get you started.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to send me a PM or email me at analogpaper@gmail.com

Happy crafting ladies!!

Q&A:

Q: When is the mailing deadline?
A: Ideally, your pen pal should receive their letter during the first week of the month, but we understand transit times differ . . . maybe shoot your pen pal a PM to let them know their snail mail is on the way

Q: What should I include in my snail mail?
A: Try to keep everything letter sized, but other than that, the sky's the limit . . . anything that inspires you creatively

More suggestions/inspiration:

Any other links you guys want to add? Let me know and I'll update this thread

Last edited by AnalogPaper; 07-29-2013 at 03:32 PM.