View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 09:05 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I've spent the last year scrapping old photos that were scanned. For a lot of those I do at least remember the event and month. I'm talking photos from the 70's and 80's! So just listing the people in the photos, why we were all together (i.e. Grandpa's birthday party) and month/year were noted. Luckily my mother had at least written the year on the back of many of these photos.

With my digital photos, I take a lot that will probably never be scrapped... I love landscape, sky, clouds, sunsets etc. I don't need to scrap all of them but I may hit upon that ultimate photo some day! For non-event photos that I want to scrap, I would probably just group them on a single layout even if they were taken at different times.

And, even though you didn't mention it, for those memories that you have no photos, I do journaling layouts for as much of the memory that I can remember. I just did one a couple months ago documenting something that happened in 1980 that I have no photos for. I saw a documentary on TV relating to the event so I took pictures of the TV, got a copy of the book about it and wrote down my still vivid memory of that day.