View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 11:28 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I was the same when my kids were little, but I think it also has to do with their ages. When they were little, I felt perfectly comfortable capturing the memory through my eyes. I knew what was happening, their feelings were obvious or they told me what they thought, and it was fine for public consumption. That doesn't feel right now that they're teens--I won't speak for them the way I used to, and if I make conversations public without their explicit permission they'll stop having those conversations with me, even when they're not about anything sensitive. So yeah, fewer pictures and less journaling in our current albums.
Very true words. My kids are always looking over my shoulder while I'm working on my pages. They see and comment. Sometimes they add things and if there is any journaling that is added I check with them that it is correct. I did just share a long journaling topic in the long-winded challenge but it was my story of what is going on. She knows I post my work here, but I don't do FB so I think they feel pretty safe with staying fairly anonymous.