View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 12:04 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
Make sure I have the where, when (at least year) and names of individuals in photos if known. I have also googled for information about the place to maybe add a little bit more. I did a google map search of Ft Myers FL to find out the street names around the trailer park my grandfather lived in during the winter. I knew the general area and zeroed in on the location to get those street names... for the church that I had a photo of that was nearby. Found the building (different church name now but still there) as is the trailer park only no longer a retirement park and google view shows it being not so nice anymore One of the more interesting searches I did was to find out what bridge I had a photo of. I knew it was FL and I found it... the Sunshine Skyway Bridge in Tampa. Photo was from 1991 so for some reason that is no longer remembered we made a day trip from Ft Myers to Tampa.
Good advice! We have some photos from DH's childhood and of his relatives. They're on the "someday" list to be scrapped, and maybe that would work for some of them.