View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 09:06 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Default Laptop for Scrapping

I'm hoping to get some suggestions for a good laptop to use for scrapping. I have a 4 year old Dell Inspiron that's starting to give up the ghost. I replaced it a couple of weeks ago with a newer Dell Inspiron. I believe the model was 3505. I only had that for a little over a week before I returned it. No matter what I did, color didn't display correctly. Red looked more of a burnt reddish/orange color. In it's place, I got an Asus Vivobook which was delivered yesterday. I got as far as setting up windows before realizing it also had the same issue displaying color.

I know it's not just me seeing the colors wrong. On both, I flood filled a canvas with pure red (ff000) and asked my sister what color she saw. She also agreed that it was more orange than red.

I've got a consultation appointment Saturday at Best Buy to return the Asus and look for something else. I was wondering if any one had any recommendations. Right now, the thing I'm most interested in is the display properly showing colors...specifically red as red.

Thanks!