Thread: time management
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 12:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The house is always the first to go here too. I swear, since I have gone to work outside the home, all school year my house gets worse and worse then I spend all summer cleaning.

I am so tired of it! I finally came to the realization that MY problem with housework is that we just have too much 'stuff'. So I'm getting rid of it. I am purging like a boss, baby! We have gotten rid of hundreds of bags and boxes full of stuff already... some stuff went straight to the trash (not sure WHY I was holding on to some of that stuff!) and lots of it was donated. We have a small amount left in the garage that we are attempting a yard sale with. I'm down to only having 1 room to work on and then every item in my entire house will have been touched, decided upon, and either purged or kept. I can tell already that I am going to have a WHOLE lot more time when this process is over. What used to take 45 minutes to do is now taking 5 minutes because there is so much less to pick up, put away, wash, etc.

Okay, I was rambling, but I am super excited about this! It started as the 40 bags in 40 days challenge. After that I read The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo and have been using her system to purge even more.