View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 06:47 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Penguin View Post
IT was more work than I bargained for. This is something you don't quite understand until you are there and doing it.
This is so very, very true. I was a designer from about 2010-2013 at another store. I had my own CT. People who do CT work (or just scrap for themselves and appreciate designers' work) often say that they don't envy the work that a designer has to do to put together a kit, but I can say that CT members put in a lot of work too. It's kind of an unpaid job, because you usually have to scrap on a bit of a deadline, especially if your designer is delayed a bit on getting a new release to you on "schedule". And I think that CTing for a store is even more work than that - because it's basically like you're CTing for multiple designers at once, plus you often have a few other tasks that stores ask you to do (run challenges or events, an amount of involvement in the gallery and forum, and during special events like DSD or iNSD there's a lot packed into the weekend that the CT members do). The good thing is I've never (personally) encountered a designer or store who doesn't appreciate their CT members or understand when real life comes up. I know that I just adored all of mine - and still miss them!

I'm currently enjoying being able to scrap for just myself without any expectations or deadlines. I participated in the Passport challenges this month and I'm finding that is expanding my comfort zone a little. There is definitely a few designers I'd love to CT for here, and if the day ever comes that they're having a call I may apply if I feel like the fit is right and I won't find it overwhelming for myself. Until then I'll enjoy scrapping on my terms, and be patient for "the right" call to come...or try anyway.