View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 11:28 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes, Elemendorf was my last base. That makes sense. It's a big base, since it's joint with Fort Richardson too. I'm happy to report, you'll have a Target, which we did not have most of our time there. LOL! It's a great city. You'll have to check out Moose's Tooth, Humpy's, Snowcity Cafe and Glacier Brewhouse. Those were a few of our favorite places to eat when we were there.

Aside from school, I was only at Misawa AB in Japan and Beale in North California (didn't care for it), LOL!

I know you guys will love it! Can't wait to see all of your photos and layouts from there! I was early in my scrapbooking "career" back then, so I wish I would have documented so much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
Yes, Elmendorf! My husband has been in for 21 years next week & was planning on retiring this October. We've been at an embassy for 2 years, language/attache school the year before that, and a DOD agency before that & decided that being back in a 'real' squadron at a 'real' base with the 'real' Air Force would be a more satisfying end to his career for all of us. (Especially when we saw our assignment )

Was Elmendorf your last base?
Back when I was a "young military wife", an "older, wiser" military wife (who was probably younger than I am now, lol) said, "your last (meaning most recent) base is always your favorite". And so there was no way Turkmenistan could be our final last base! Hahaha...