View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 09:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't delete photos unless they're bad, but not scrap them? All the time. What helps me is taking a big picture approach to each year. I look at my entire collection of scrap-worthy photos from that year and then begin setting limits and taking things off my to-scrap list. I don't know what your organization system is, but this is how I'd do it.

For every year I have a folder of photos that I want to scrap. Within that I have subfolders for how I think I'll scrap them, like "First day of school" or "Favorite toy." (All of my to scrap photos are duplicates so that I can just delete them.) For any partially scrapped years I'd pull all of the finished pages into that folder, too. Already did 2 birthday layouts but still have photos from that event unscrapped? Delete and move on. Have 5 unscrapped sets of playground photos? Choose the few best for 1 layout and delete the rest. Have a small moment that no longer seems as significant? Delete. Then make sure to do 1 page for each of the most significant things left in the folder so they're represented in your album. (They may be significant because they're important or just because you love the photo!) Be ruthless about deciding what really and truly needs to be in your album. I find that's the l one thing I like about scrapping older photos--with the passage of time I have a lot more perspective on what's worth scrapping.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk