View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 01:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Man, Wendy, you can't catch a break. I'm sorry you have to watch your baby have terrible things done to him to get him the help he needs. I hope these new dietary changes make it better.

Our Internet got restored last weekend after being off for a MONTH, and life is so much better. Plus, the end of school meant the beginning of joy for us. I'm just enjoying being at home with my people with nowhere to go and nothing to do except what i choose to do. Saturday I spent the entire day listening to The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes & scrapping June 2019 for my pocket album. I love this life!
I thought about you when ours was out. I don't know how you did it for an entire month!! you are a saint! I'm glad the kiddos are done school and things have gone back to being a little more easy-going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
Wendy, you had a doozy of a week. Hoping you get some answers from your son's GI and he gets some relief. Been there, done that, unfortunately, including appointments and surgical procedures and inpatient stays out of town by myself with him (when he was young). You will definitely be in my prayers. I know the stress and exhaustion that can cause! Hoping your power and internet stay on. Quarantine with no power and internet is torture!

I've been making meals for a friend who had a knee replacement and another friend whose husband is dying. It does put things in perspective. I did get to float in the lake one day, get a haircut, and I rode bikes and went out to dinner with my husband for our anniversary.
I know you know all the troubles involved with those issues!! you are an amazing mom and woman for enduring all that years before I am enduring it!

You are so thoughtful and kind to make meals for your friend and your other friend. I'm so sorry hear about her husband and cannot imagine the emotions she faces daily.

I saw you celebrated your 28th anniversary!!! Happy anniversary to you guys!! I'm glad you were able to get out, go floating, get a haircut and feel "normal" after many weeks of this pandemic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
OH Wendy what a chaotic week for you! Sending you big big hugs, darling!

Our week has been OK until Saturday morning came. Michael suddenly got a fever and uncomfortable stomach when he woke up. It went downhill from there... He had no appetite, energy and became super quiet. He was aching all over because of the fever. Lan was already paranoid, thinking covid as the worst case...
Well, the day wasn't so bad, because my mom & dad helped to monitor him too, but the night watch was quite tough for Michael and I. He ate very little during the day and mostly just drank water, and kept saying his head and throat hurt. He couldn't swallow the paracetamol without throwing it out along with the water. So I gave up on it and decided to just keep changing the wet towel on his forehead and wiping off his body to cool him down. It wasn't until 4am that he fell asleep and I was able to doze off.
Sunday wasn't so bad, but he was still energy-less and didn't have appetite, so he mostly stayed quietly in bed. I was so relieved that he got to sleep soundly by 10PM and had no fever, though I kept waking up to check on him!

Now that he's OK, I'm the one super exhausted and with a waist pain. Gah!
I was so nervous reading that. Is he feeling better now? I'm so sorry you had some sleepless days, but am so thankful you had your parents there to help you and support you through this. Waist pain, that's not good. Little girl needs to be good to her mama and not cause any issues or upset belly aches! Please tell me you were able to rest and you are okay now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
Ugh! Wendy! Are you finally going to get a break!!?? It's been something after something for you lately. I'm so sorry and wish I could offer some support!
If it means getting to see you, then yes!!! Although I wouldn't want you to risk getting the virus. One day we'll make it up to the DC Metro area again and we'll have to make the extra hour or so drive up to MD to see you all!