View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 12:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We've got Taz, our super smart, funny and sweet mini labradoodle. We had pets when I was growing up, a few cats but mostly dogs. My mom loved poodles and we had a few strays and mixed breeds.

I sometimes think it would be fun to have a rabbit, chinchilla or ferret but we won't. Taz would think it was a toy and I think that would end in disaster. But I love to watch them in the pet store and sometimes will get to hold them for a bit.

I think about all my dogs with sadness and affection, those that have passed on. We had Cali, my beautiful chow, Euker, a smart gorgeous furry poodle/cocker spaniel cross and Sandy, my beloved golden retriever. Each was very different in personality and traits, but all were loved by the family.

I just love dogs and really enjoy walking with Taz and meeting lots of other dogs. This past wkend I met a 10 wk old australian shepherd that was the sweetest little pup. It was hard to tear myself away from her. I could have spent all day with the owners, chatting and cuddling with their pup. She curled up against me and stayed with me the whole time we chatted. I love the breed, their thick mottled coat and blue eyes are so pretty. I used to babysit Beckham, an australian shepherd, for a few yrs and he passed away over a year ago. I still miss him, we bonded really well and he loved to stay with us.

I often think about getting another dog but I think Taz likes being "top dog" in our home so at this point I won't but it's not easy, I keep looking and thinking about it. But, at some point, you never know, it might happen.