View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 09:09 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

When I was a young adult that happened to me with my first gynecologist, that was really upsetting, considering what body part they treat

More recently I had the same thing happen to me with my dentist. I went in for my normal cleaning after the cleaning I went to make another appointment for 6 months later and the front desk girl said can you call to make the appointment closer to the date. I said ok not thinking anything of it. The NEXT day I get a letter in the mail stating he was closing his practice to move closer to home that day! After 12 years with the same dentist who I loved him and the staff, I felt like an idiot. Because they ALL knew that was their last day and didn't have the courtesy to tell me while I was there that he was closing shop. I have to say its been well over a year and it still irritates me. So while I can only imagine the difference of getting blown off by a psych who you share your most intimate thoughts with, I do know what it feels like to feel to be ditched by a Dr.

The bottom line is that seems like a completely unprofessional thing for her to do, considering the nature of a psych/patient relationship.