View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 02:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Not yet. *shudder* If we follow the CDC's new recommendation of being closed for 8 weeks, that would take us to the second week of May and leave 3 weeks of school left. The kids' school district was planning on implementing e-learning next school year so they've been scrambling to get something going now. Almost all of the elementary schools are Title 1 so I know many of the students do not have Internet access at home and will end up slipping through the cracks.

I'm not worried about my kids' schooling as my mom is a retired kindergarten teacher & my sister is a current kindergarten teacher (at my kids' school) and am actually excited that my son will be able to learn more being out of school since his teacher is not great at class management but I am worried about our (and everyone else's) mental health being stuck at home without little-to-no (literal & emotional) contact with others for such a long time.

I'm also worried about other life things as I was job searching (which has come to a standstill as you can imagine) as well as looking for a new place to live with our lease up on July 1. As of right now, my job is going to continue to pay me, even though I don't have as much work to do since they're shut down, but I don't know how long that will last & getting paid less will put us in dire financial straits within a few months.

It's actually my fault, guys, as my OLW for this year is "prevail." Sorry!