View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 10:21 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I agree that giving gifts can be tough when your family is all grown up an already gets everything for themselves. That is why I love adopting a family each Christmas, so that I can buy present for little kids and people who really need stuff. It just makes me feel good to be able to help people, especially at Christmas.

I think the "love language" talk is really interesting too, because it is so different for everyone. I guess giving is my love language. I do put a lot of thought and time into planning and choosing my gifts, but I wonder if expressing love that way makes me shallow? Of course expressing emotions is not easy for me, so it only makes sense I show it in a different way. My father was the same way, so I guess I come by it honestly.

It could also be that my family does spend a lot of time together, especially during the holidays, so that need is already fulfilled. We had a party this weekend and wrapped presents for our adopted family, which was a lot of fun. This week we are giving a donation to the nursing home in town, so we will get together to do that and next weekend it will be cookie baking and any last minute prepping we need to do. We enjoy each other’s company, so we are together a lot.

I am a very lucky person.