View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 04:31 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Wow - that sounds horrible, Kristin. I have not heard about it before. I know I am thankful that you are available to create such beautiful things for us to enjoy.

Where i live is pretty quiet & I like it a lot. We can hear the freeway faintly, but I don't really notice it most of the time. My kids have all played the piano and I love to hear that being played. I struggle with two things sound-wise. I can't handle repetitive sounds (minecraft or video game background music anyone?). I also struggle with listening to beginning violinists. I played violin as a child and have a pretty good ear and cannot handle the playing of beginning violinists because they haven't mastered finger placement for being in tune. I have a difficult time keeping a neutral expression during concerts where they play LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I struggle really bad with noise.. I have misophonia. Some people have mild forms where they have trouble with noises like eating sounds/chewing and then some people hate most sounds (yay I fall into this category) I have struggled since I was 11.. back then there wasn't a name for it. Years ago it was called 4s and then eventually misophonia became the term but most doctors still don't know anything about it and there is no cure or real solid treatment

I wear earplugs 24/7 unless i'm not at home and I always have a white noise machine going too. It pretty much impacts my entire life. I try to hide it when I'm with people as I"m really embarrassed by it and I don't want people to know how bad it can actually be for me. I don't think i'd be able to work out of the home so I'm really really thankful that I'm able to do what I do for a job. Often times I think people think i'm just being dramatic or overreacting but there isn't a day I don't think about it.

Dogs barking and music from neighbours is a huge struggle

Last edited by stephc777; 06-24-2019 at 04:34 PM.