View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 04:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have misophonia too, and it is not much fun. I was much worse about noises when I was younger--definitely had a fight or flight response to chewing noises, gum popping, any annoying sound my brother made, unbalanced ceiling fans, the ticking of the grandfather clock and the sound of music (or just bass) coming from other rooms in the house or outside. I was a mess! I've learned to handle most of these now, but there are times when I just have to leave. We use a lot of white noise to drown things out, but to this day I can't be in the same room as my husband when he starts typing on the keyboard of his computer. I love natural sounds, though, as they tend to drown out the annoying human sounds. So birds, wind, leaves rustling, rain--these are good things for me!

I think I may just have sensory issues though, because lights also really bug me. Fluorescent lights are the worst and the buzz from outdoor sodium lights makes me crazy. Light shining in from under the door at night or in the window really bothers me.