View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 03:37 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I'm on my 2nd Dell after 2 HPs, so it's been about 5 years since I owned an HP laptop. I loved both until things went spectacularly wrong. They both developed hinge problems that made the screen separate and led to the computers dying well before they should have. With the second one I sent it in for service (which they did under warranty at 13 months because the problem had begun before the 12-month mark). It came back to me making noises it shouldn't have, but I was never able to get HP to agree to look at it and admit they had caused a new problem while it was in for service. By 18 months it was unusable and unrepairable, so I'm done with HP laptops.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I've only ever had Dell's or HP's...and have loved them both. The current Dell I'm replacing is just over 4 years old. I probably could use it for a little longer but I've issued with it after Windows updates. I'd actually hoped to use for a lot longer since I do have a bit of an emotional attachment to it. I know it's only a computer but I bought it about a month and half before my Dad passed away. He helped pick it out. I sat in his apartment one Saturday transferring all of my data over to it (with his running commentary). I'd use the Dell to work from his apartment one day a week to help out him and my step-mom and I'd also stay with him on Saturday mornings and I'd usually be scrapping at kitchen island. He'd sit on the other side and offer suggestions and critiques to what I was doing...so I'm rather attached to the laptop.