View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 11:43 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I used to be a staple-a-holic. Loved them!
I feel so silly when I'm in search of "the perfect staple", LOL. "Too shiny. Too thick." It makes me feel like I have a problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
Found some good essentials in the shop that are fairly flexible for most pages:
Thanks! Those are some good finds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherH View Post
When I use a template, I always delete all of the cluster layers and do my own thing.
That would help me get past the "need one of those right here!" thing! I usually delete small groups as I go, but by that time, I've looked at that little hangy-tag or doily for too long to not want to put one there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree City View Post
If you have some go-to items, create a Go-to Faves folder (or whatever you want to call it lol) and put shortcuts for your fave items inside. That way you can easily click right to what you want while keeping it in its original folder (so you can correctly credit).
Fantastic idea!! It would be like having my very own kit full of my favorite "basics"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I wish designers would add tags to all of their kits because Cindy uses them on her templates.
Yep, I go through this often, but a tag on a Cindy template is what pushed me to post this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I love when you all post things like this because now I am making a list of "go to items" for kits. It's this designer's dream to know what you want, which is why you find me asking a lot of questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
Foliage, y'all. I need more and more and more, lol! I really appreciate when designers have leaves & foliage in more than one shade of green, too. OR I need something long and tall that can go in floral clusters in place of foliage, like candles or curly ribbons.
Yes! More long and tall things would be great! And I love the kits with some foliage variety...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
For me a basic need in every kit is lots of papers both solids and patterns. I tend to use lots of paper on my layouts from matting photos to clipping papers to shapes. And, I like variety because then I'm not using the same papers over and over in multiple page layouts!
I find that I'm usually pretty happy with the papers provided in a kit and yes, when there's a good variety, I can use the same kit again & again... just sometimes I'm really missing that basic white "cardstock" that I'd use for photo matting or journaling.