View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 09:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you feel stressed this month? Got it all under control? Don't care and just wing it, letting everything fall into place?
Ever since I went back to work, I always feel stressed in December. Each year I tell myself I will plan better and get things done earlier so as to not stress, but every year I find myself in the same position. When I was a SAHM it was so much easier in December. I did all the things and never felt stressed. Work adds a whole other level to it.

Are you well organized? Or do you procrastinate?
Both? It depends. At work I am pretty organized. At home I am about some things but I'm not with others. I feel like I don't spend enough time at home to really get organized. When I procrastinate it is productive procrastination. I think about things and mull them over in my head and marinate ideas until its time to get down to work.

What is something you hope to accomplish this month?
This month I NEED to get to the college and take the accuplacer test so I can figure out what math class I test in to

Got any decorations or baking done yet?
A few. It would have been more but the lights on the tree were half burned out. Last year we replaced EVERY SINGLE BULB yet this year half were burned out again. I threw a few strands on over the burned out prelit parts and called it good. Then MORE burned out. Ugh. So this weekend we cut off all the prelit lights and I had to go buy more lights to fill the tree. Now, at work I have a tree up and lights. I keep the decorated (3') tree sitting in my closet at work so it is easy to put up. Baking... I don't bake. I hate baking. I might make some fudge but I doubt it because I'm trying to give up sugar.

What is something you are looking forward to this month?
The holiday band, orchestra and choir concert that our district puts on. My son is in choir and my daughter is in band (her last year... she's a senior!) and this concert is always the BEST of the year. They put so much work in to it and I just love it. Plus I love that both of my kids participate in it.