View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 01:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not sure what smart objects are as I've only seen it opening someone else's psd.tiff file. Never on mine.

First, I place all of my papers on my 12x12 layout. Once I know what the layout will "look like", I'll work on my elements.

I open the elements folder and open up everything that I want to work with (ribbons, frames, flowers, paint, confetti, etc).

Once everything is opened, I open up a blank canvas and start dragging things over to cluster. I look back to the paper filled layout to see which directions elements (mostly greenery) need to flow) and I cluster on the blank canvas.

When I like the clusters that I've created, I drag them over to the paper filled layout, filling up the layout. After all of the clusters are in place, I go through my elements again, opening up anything else that I want to use or fill my layout. I place them throughout the clusters.

After papers and clusters are done, I look for my photos to finish the layout. Journaling is last and sometimes a titlework, but titleworks often are created when I'm doing my clusters.