Thread: What to Expect?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 02:39 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestcee View Post
Will you be on cell with the job? Or on a landline? Because that would be easy to explain, I'm sorry my cell isn't the best in the office where I would work. But that's why I have a landline for this job. Or whatever.
Definitely stress to your daughter how important it is that your son does not come down! Maybe even resort to bribery.
I've never done an interview like that, but if it were me, I would make sure there are no drinks or toys in the area by my workspace.

Good luck!
Well I thought I was going to be on my cell phone, but after talking to someone who has landed the position, they told me to get a webcam. So tonight I went out and bought a webcam. I've never used one before so I'm trying to learn it tonight before my interview. So since the computer is hardwired (one of the requirements for the job), my internet speed will be good for the interview!

My girls know to keep their brother up on the second floor. I've bribed him with his ipad, so hopefully that will keep him quiet. The girls barely make a sound, so I don't think they'll be a problem.

As far as the room. I took photos and redid everything that was "questionable". I even put up blinds and curtains (because that's a no-no for safety issues). According to the people who landed the job, my working space is very good. It's just a matter of me passing the interview.

I did get a hold of the interview questions. So I've been reading over them and learning the "key words" that they are looking for. Tomorrow I'll go over them a few more times so I feel a little bit more prepared.

I've never done this video thing before---I did Facetime with my real life best friend, Dawn (aussiegirl) tonight and that was SO strange!

LeAndra, I've been told to smile. I have a post it note on my monitor that says smile, slow down, don't look down--keep eye focus. Hopefully that post-it note will be the reminder of what I need to do while trying to come up with the right words.

It's late. I need to try to get some rest.

Thank you all for the good words of encouragement and helpful hints. I really do appreciate it! Here's hoping I land the job because while it would be awesome to do a work at home job, it would be even better to have that extra income as well as the employee discount and getting my own mac computer!