Thread: What to Expect?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 11:58 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
Congratulations Wendy! When I had a similar situation getting my son every where he needed to be, I hired someone to drive him. The extra money was worth it in the long run for me.
I'm currently trying to get the school's transportation to drop them off at a friend's house on post (we out of bounds our children to school and we are required to provide transportation). If they allow that, our friend said she'll keep both kids (one is done at 2:20 and the other is done at 3:20, and my husband can pick them up at 5, after work)

I can drive my oldest to college in the morning (once I go afternoon/evening shift), and there is a lady who is willing to carpool with me to pick her daughter and mine up in the afternoon if I drive her daughter to the college in the morning as well.

IF the transportation office says yes, the younger/school kids are good to go. IF they say no, I might have to decline the position because I can't find someone willing to drive to my son's school, pick him up at 2:20, drive over to the college to pick my oldest up at 3:15 (she can't drive, she's only 16) and then drive a half-hour away to pick my middle up at the high school at 3:30 (yes, they will always be late due to the timing, but she knows she has 15 minutes after school before I can pick her up). That's a lot of driving for a friend, who all of my friends already have kiddos in school and are either picking them up or waiting for the bus to drop them off. So I NEED transportation to say yes!