View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 06:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I tend to go minimalist for big trips too. I took thousands of photos on a trip to Central Australia a couple of years ago. Like you I narrowed them down to the ones I wanted to include and was going to try to limit the book to 40-50 pages. I was so overwhelmed and didn't know where to start! I soon realised that 40-50 pages was impossible and as the trip was so special (and the landscapes so spectacular) I decided I'd just make as many pages as it took.

It ended up being nearly 100 pages and included 600-700 photos. I wanted to feature some of my favourite photos so made them fill whole pages. Other pages I fitted 10-15 photos plus journalling. I used little collage cards to fit more photos in some places. I added a few embellishments here and there (mostly from just 2-3 kits - I repeated some of the flowers, leaves, etc throughout the book), scanned some souvenirs (e.g. plane tickets) and included those and used the same 4-5 papers to background fill journal spaces, etc throughout the book to have some consistency. It took me about a month, only working on it here and there when I had time, and it nearly killed me! But I was so happy with it when it was all finished and printed!

Here are a few random pages: