Thread: Mid-Year Review
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 10:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
Nice Wendy! Congrats. When did you start? What type of work are you doing?
I started July 10th. It's full-time. Right now I'm in training, but this week we start the phone aspect of my job. I work for Apple, supporting/troubleshooting iOS devices. The best part, my job is work-from-home, which is awesome, especially since my husband has days/weeks/months that he'll be gone throughout the rest of the year as he's trying to get promoted in the new year. I won't have to worry about working away from home and what the kiddos are doing at home (if they'll cause a fire or let a burglar in the house). I'll be home while working and if an emergency happens, I'm there! I like that aspect of my job the best. There's no travel, no commute. My breaks are spent cleaning, laundry and preparing dinner, especially since they give us an hour for lunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
I started a new job too (same company). My best moment has been finding some long lost relatives (siblings, uncle, cousin, nieces, nephews, etc). I've always been an only child, so this is huge for me.
Congratulations on your new job!! That's awesome, always awesome when it's a company that you already work for and know!! Good luck with this new chapter of your work!!

I love that you've been able to find some long-lost relatives!! That's exciting! My husband's family is really in to genealogy and I always find it amazing when they learn things about them that they didn't know, or discover a new family member. I'm really happy that you found a few family members and hope that you build a great relationship with them, learning about them and learning about your heritage!