View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 02:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
We've ordered takeout from our favorite Mexican restaurant. And, to-go margaritas are a bonus!
We haven't found anywhere here that has to-go margaritas, so I bought everything to make them. I'm trying different recipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Ugh what I *want* is to buy a flight ticket, apply for a visa and return to hubby. Alas, that's not gonna happen for the time being, even if they lift up the quarantine restriction. International travels are still so much restricted and complicated.
Oh, Sherly, my heart goes out to you!! I'm looking forward to something so minor compared to you. I am praying you'll get to go home to your hubby soon!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
My personal comfort level and timeline will most likely be a lot more conservative than when things officially start opening up. I prefer to wait to see how each phase of loosened restrictions impacts new cases, etc. I don't foresee myself going to a restaurant and actually being able to enjoy myself at this point. The stress of it would outweigh the enjoyment, same with most other activities. My employer has mandated WFH through September 1 for all North American employees.

Based on this article which outlines a real-world situation of how one restaurant patron infected 9 people (many of whom were sitting > 6' away) it just makes me super uncomfortable. Until I can get to the point of being at peace should I get infected, I'm just not there yet.

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the...jGA6ZbtZXCZpFQ
That's totally understandable, Sheri. We all have different comfort levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCee View Post
we are opening up slowly down here too.

We got to go visit with friends on Saturday night, was so exciting, lol. And I am having one other family for a meal next week to celebrate our Jewish holiday of Shavuot. We are only allowed 5 others to visit at a time but can be with 10 others outside.

I will be having my first haircut/colour/blow next week in three months and can not wait to get rid of my skunk line down the middle of my head!!

No restaurants/cafes open until June 1, but then with 20 people allowed, 50 by mid June and maybe, if all goes well, 100 by July 1.

Absolutely NO interstate travel yet and as for overseas... we'll be lucky if it is allowed by January next year (except maybe to New Zealand... )

But I did go clothes shopping today... it felt great as I really needed some new winter clothes. The stores are doing everything correct, had all the correct signage up directing distancing etc and I couldn't try anything on, had to bring home, try on and will return what is not suitable.

There is a definite feeling of 'lightness' for want of a better way of putting it, in the air even though almost everyone is really trying hard to keep the physical distancing and doing the right thing.

I will be honest and say, I thank God everyday we live in Australia, we have been very lucky down here, in many many ways, and I just hope that, going into winter, things don't get worse.

stay safe, healthy and happy everyone.xx
How nice to be able to celebrate the holiday with another family, Jo! I'm sure you're looking forward to visiting your hair stylist! I drove past a barber shop this weekend, and their parking lot was PACKED.