View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 08:58 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lholuska View Post
That's kinda how it came out in my head when I ran general numbers in my original post, but I'm still on the fence about it. I think I may try it out for the book of my parents travels, and reserve judgment until I get that one done. I think I'm so on the fence about it because I can rarely afford to spend more than $50-60 on printing at a time, and with PP I can just print however many reaches that limit in my cart. I don't have to wait until I can fill a whole book. Also no guarantees that when a coupon comes out I'll be able to fit a purchase into my budget to take advantage of it, especially if the promotions only last a few days. But I still think it will be something I need to look into, because the idea of having my books in a hardcover bound book really interests me.
I used to buy the Persnickety print credits once a year, so I was already used to paying for printing in bigger chunks. I used to set aside money and buy myself a Visa gift card, then I was ready whenever the sale happened. Shutterfly sells gift cards, too, but you'd probably need to check how many can be used in one order so you'd know if you could buy several smaller ones as your budget allows. If it helps, they usually run the free pages sale in January and July. (I think there are a couple of other times, too, but I usually print in January and July.) I usually print vacation books in 8x8 or 10x10 without layflat pages to keep the costs down. I don't mind paying $100-ish for a 100 page book, but I can't justify it for a 30 page vacation album.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk