View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 09:10 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Oh boy, do I love organizing!

I organize digital supplies in Lightroom. I did use ACDSee for many years, but one too many times losing my catalog and I was done. I switched to Bridge, but it was such a resource hog. Since all my keywording was in the metadata, I was able to pull in all my supplies into Lightroom and all my keywording/tagging came along with the supplies.

A couple of people mentioned the Excel file I use to organize what photos need to be scrapped and what's already been scrapped, so I thought I would share if anyone wants to download it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/liteh0uefmut5l9/2003 Calendar of Events & Layouts Completed.xls?dl=0

I use Lightroom to keep track of what photos I've scrapped as well as completed layouts. I mark my photos that I've already scrapped with the color purple. That way, at a quick glance I know what has already been scrapped. Before I used Lightroom, I had started changing the name of the photo file by adding SCRAPPED at the end. Like 2018-01-02_SCRAPPED.jpg.

I keep an Excel file with the dates I took photos, what transpired that day, and then tuck in a thumbnail of the completed layout. When I'm done with a particular day, then I fill that row with a medium gray so I know that event is scrapped. This is SUPPOSED to help me when it comes to printing and/or finding particular layouts. I find it quite satisfying to see the rows of completed layouts. LOL

Hope that helps someone and if you have any questions, I'll be happy to do more screenshots or explain further.