View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 11:08 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Add another "extroverted introvert" to the list. The extrovert part had to be learned. I remember in college almost passing out if I had to give a speech or something similar. I would have never led a group or been in charge. Perfectly happy to exist in the shadows. To now - I'm a leader in our homeschool group of over 450+ families. I have no problem getting up and talking to a bunch of people - but I'm usually VERY prepared if I do so. I plan activities for the junior high/high school kids and am also the Senior Class Coordinator - we have 90+ home school grads this year so far!! This is my last year to do so (since my last child is graduating this year ) but I'm sure I'll find something else to do. Because I've held a position in the group for so long I find that people "know" me and I don't know them (some I've never met )

Friends - I've found over the years that having a few good friends is much better than having a lot of friends that you don't really know. I have several that I know if I called them, or they called me, we'd drop everything to help. That means a lot. One of my friends (of 30+ years) we refer to each other as sisters and our families treat each other like family. My kids call them Aunt and Uncle and their kids are like cousins to mine. That is something I try to teach my own kids....to cultivate those relationships that really matter. What is that saying about friends - Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other is gold.

and in reference to that procrastination thread - this here is a very good example of me procrastinating I should be finishing up my lists and running my 3,000 errands for the BTS party and grocery shopping for the family