View Single Post
Old 03-13-2022, 07:17 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post

I was fortunate enough to take a class from Angie Pedersen, the author of "The Book of Me", back in the early 2000's. She told us when we're struggling with what to write, we should imagine we're sitting down with a friend who knows absolutely nothing about this layout/photograph. What would we tell them? We'd identify who was in the photos, where the photos were taken, when they were taken, and what was going on when the photos were shot. What else would we say? Would it remind us of something that happened earlier that same day? Would we make a connection between what was happening in the photo and some other event?

She said to start writing all of that down, stream-of-consciousness style, and when you're done, that's when you go back and do your editing. You'll be amazed how much you have to say about a layout you thought you had nothing to write about. I've used this technique over and over again when I get stuck, and it works every time!
That is amazing advice! I love that! Sometimes if the photos are from a long time ago and I don't remember, I journal my current reaction to them, or I talk about something more general than what is happening in the actual photo. I don't know, I am reluctant to print my pages that have no journaling--they are kind of hollow to me and I don't want to "waste" the spot in the photo book on them, lol!