View Single Post
Old 03-15-2022, 11:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I do a lot of journaling. For almost 10 years I've been using a diary app on my phone to record things as they happen, and I base my journaling on those entries. If I waited until I went to scrap the page (often 18 months later) I wouldn't remember enough to make it interesting. Some of my layouts have half a page of text, and others just have a short paragraph. I also have some without journaling--in some cases it was just a nice picture or I scrapped multiple layouts about the same event and journaled on only the first one. In other cases the journaling is on my personal copy but not my gallery copy. I'll also say that even though I still journal a good amount, I journaled a lot more when my kids were younger. They told me all their thoughts, and they weren't that personal--I could use their thoughts and feelings (or my guess about what they were) in a scrapbook without worrying if they'd want that. Now that they're all teens, I'm a lot more careful about what I record. My journaling is a lot more limited and factual than it used to be.
I'm big on journaling on my pages too...
I used to use an online reminder service called Oh Life. What is it that you use, because that ended and now I just have to journal from my memory. I love the year that I kept the notes.