View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 06:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomi View Post
I understand that the change is not welcomed by everyone and I also understand that some are disappointed about not getting the 40% discount each month. My scrapping budget is very low so I actually did shop like every 3 months anyway, and I would get 2-3 kits, so I actually used rather other sale opportunities than the Sweet Rewards, but I do understand the disappointment.

I'd like to mention two things:

About giving money to another shop because I get the discount there and not here... I personally buy most of my kits here at SSD simply because I love them the most. It's not about the discount, it's about the quality of the kits and the style that resonates with my scrapping.

Second, the inspiration and limiting one's scrapping inspiration to challenges only. Yes, it is directly served "do this and this" which can be nice but there is gallery full of layouts that you can simply scraplift - you can find scrappers with different styles that you can be inspired by, then there are tutorials for new techniques to try, there are challenges on the designers' blogs, where you can also win some coupons and get inspiration. So many ways to learn, grow as a scrapper, get some photos scrapped and have fun...
Wonderfully put. I don't do challenges much anymore (not because I don't like them, it's more a question of having less time and my priorities having shifted), so I don't feel like I should be having a say, but I think Majda has a point. When it comes to inspiration I feel like there's so much of it here at SSD that I can never manage to scraplift everything and try every technique that intrigues me, because there's simply only one of me. :-)